Optimizing PDFs for E Ink displays #
- briss crops PDFs via a simple page stack view.
- cut2col "is a utility for converting 2-column to 1-column pdf documents. This is done by cutting each page into 4 pieces and merging them together so that they can be viewed on a tiny e-book reader."
- K2pdfopt "optimizes PDF/DJVU files for mobile e-readers (e.g. the Kindle) and smartphones. It works well on multi-column PDF/DJVU files."
- Mangle optimizes, sorts, and organizes images for the Kindle. Article
- papercrop optimizes PDF documents for ebook readers.
- PDFCropper "is a program designed for preparing normal sized PDFs (A4, B4, Letter, etc.) to be readable on relatively small devices..."
- PDFRead converts "PDF and DJVU documents for reading on eBook devices. It does this by creating an image out of each page, enhancing the image and then collating the images in a device-specific format."
- PDF Scissors crops PDFs for ebook readers like the Kindle.
- See also Cropping PDFs from last year.
- Edit PDF metadata, bookmarks, page labels and more with BeCyPDFMetaEdit.
- jPDF Tweak is a veritable Swiss Army knife for PDF files, allowing you to make printable booklets, add bookmarks and effects, change metadata, and perform a slew of additional functions like: combine, watermark, rotate, encrypt, and sign.
- Extract images from PDFs with pdfimages for Linux, PDF-Images for OS X, or Some PDF Images Extract for Windows. Learn how images are stored in PDF files.
/eink | Oct 31, 2011
Subscribe or visit the archives