Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac Activation Woes #
Recently there have been activation errors with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 for Mac and Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016 for Mac product keys:
- Buy product key
- Associate product key with a Microsoft account
- Download Office 2016 installer from Microsoft
- Install Office 2016
- When prompted, enter Microsoft account credentials used in step 2 above
- Attempt to activate Office 2016
- Activation fails
- Telephone activation also fails
- Download and install all Office 2016 updates
- Reboot Mac
- Launch an Office 2016 app like Word
- Activation errors resolved
UPDATE: Sadly, the activation notification returned 24 hours later, counting down from 14 days. So far, have had to get a tier 2 tech at Microsoft resolve on their end in the dozen or so cases I've seen, but What to try if you can't install or activate Office 2016 for Mac offers troubleshooting tips for the following activation issues:
- Can't activate Office after installation.
- "No license found" error / Can't activate Outlook.
- Can't sign in to activate.
- Installation limit reached.
- Office keeps asking me to sign in / "Authentication Expired" error
- One-time purchase of Office confirmed, but still can't activate
- Error code 0xD000000C.
- Error code 0x8A010101.
- "You need to activate Office for Mac within X days" after activating.
- Activated but still prompted to activate.
- Activated with the wrong license
- Office 2016 for Mac repeatedly requesting keychain access
/mac | Aug 12, 2018
Subscribe or visit the archives