Random Harvest #
- CanoRemote - "Easy to use remote control for most Canon Power Shot Cameras without built in remote control receiver. The only things you need is the CanoRemote receiver, a USB cable and a standard Apple Remote. The range of the receiver is more than 10 meters."
- R1Soft Hot Copy "takes online volume snapshots on your Linux server. It does NOT use LVM so it can work on any Linux system and any block device ... Hot Copy creates a point-in-time online volume snapshot of the disk while the system is running, without interrupting applications even on the busiest Linux servers. As block level changes are made to the device, Hot Copy makes a backup copy of only the changed blocks instead of replicating the entire drive. These changed blocks are then efficiently stored in the unused space on the hard disk."
- IntelligentFind 3.2.2 - The best Palm OS Find replacement, though it suffers from an ungainly installation and registration process.
- Vegetarian low protein diet could be key to long life
- VMLite XP Mode - Like Microsoft Windows XP Mode, but without the hardware virtualization requirement. (via Claus)
- Fotografix - Tiny (367K) image editor with layer support, magic wand selection tool, more. (via Phan)
- Fossil - "Simple, high-reliability, distributed software configuration management" (via ec)
- Doszip Commander "is an LFN-aware TUI file manager (NC clone) for DOS with built-in unzip. The original program was written in Borland C, but the latest version compiles with Open Watcom 1.8 and the JWasm assembler." (via Mike Mills)
/misc | Dec 13, 2009
Subscribe or visit the archives