Two quick LXDE tips: enable automatic login and edit the Main Menu #
Tested under Debian 7.7 (wheezy):
- Enable autologin (via TobiSGD):
- Install the SLIM display manager (search for "slim" in Synaptic Package Manager), changing "Default display manager" from "lightdm" to "slim" when prompted.
- Uncomment these two lines in /etc/slim.conf:
# default_user simone
# auto_login no
and change "simone" to desired username and "no" to "yes".
- Edit the Main Menu:
- The LXDE.org documentation mentions 3 menu editors: PCManFM 1.2.0 or higher (Debian 7.7 ships with 0.9.10), Alacarte (with dependencies, requires 360MB of space on a fresh Debian install), and LXMenuEditor (depends on Java, which Debian 7.7 includes). Downloading and installing LXMenuEditor is the fastest and easiest solution.
- After installation, LXMenuEditor can be launched from the Main Menu shortcut (Preferences > Main Menu Editor) or the terminal ("lxmed").
/nix | Nov 14, 2014
Subscribe or visit the archives