Tiny command-line disk/partition apps for DOS/Windows #
For over ten years, Svend Olaf Mikkelsen has crafted a number of free, tiny CLI apps focused on partitions and data recovery, like:
- Findpart - Searches for lost FAT, NTFS, HPFS, BeOS and Linux ext2, ext3 and swap partitions. To search for reiserfs partitions, add "reiser" to the command line.
- FindNTFS - NTFS data recovery tool. Lists the content of an NTFS partition, or copies files.
- FindExt2 - Searches for Linux ext2 and ext3 superblocks and calculates possible partition location.
- ReadExt2 - ext2/ext3 recovery tool. Lists the content of an Ext2/3 partition, or copies files.
- Findword - Searches a disk for occurences of a word or sentence.
- FindJPG - Attempts to copy JPG files without file system usage.
- FindDoc - Attempts to copy DOC and XLS files without file system usage.
/windows | Mar 31, 2010
Subscribe or visit the archives