What You Get (We're still in beta - but this is about how things will end up..)
- 1GB of backup storage, or 2GB if you fill out our survey
- Block-level differential backup
- Open File support
- 128-bit SSL Support (to secure your data during transport)
- 448-bit Blowfish Encryption (to secure your data on our server)
- Continuous or Scheduled Backup Options
- Support for multiple computers per account
- Up to 4 restore sessions per month
What We Get
Here's the catch - aside from the good karma we get for offering a great free service, every once in a while we get to send you email advertisements for products and services that we think are useful. (We'll never give your email address to an advertiser - any emails will come straight through us.)
Alternatives to Mozy
- Burn a new CD or DVD every Sunday night and store them at your brother-in-laws office like it's your religion.
- Pay $100/year for an online backup service that uses old, mediocre software.
- Buy a $200 external hard drive and obsessively "push the button" and hope your office doesn't burn down.
- Do nothing and don't worry about backup. (We suggest closing your eyes, plugging your ears and repeating "I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place".)
- Run a cron job of rsync, gzip and mcrypt piped over ssh to your friends server over his DSL line.
/misc | Nov 18, 2005
Subscribe or visit the archives