If you do file backups, you need to check out Bvckup 2 #
Alex Pankratov (the original developer of Hamachi) has been crafting, honing, testing, and polishing Bvckup for years. The latest version, Bvckup 2, was beta tested for 12 months on over 10,000 installations. Here's what makes it exceptional:
- Crazy-simple UI hiding powerful features seldom seen in one package
- The entire installer (not some stub à la Mozilla Firefox or Adobe Flash Player), which includes both 32 and 64 bit versions, is just over 1.44MB
- Real-time, scheduled, or manual backups
- Delta copying (if your backup solution is still copying that entire PST or VMDK file every time a few bits change, you desperately need this)
- Many more performance boosts: asynchronous I/O, multi-core processing, destination snapshots, move/rename detection
- Archiving of deleted files forever or for x minutes, hours, days, weeks
- Much more: device tracking, run as service, shadow copies (backup in-use files), etc.
Full disclosure: Along with around 120 other beta testers, I received a surprise gift from Alex when beta testing completed: a 5-install professional license.
UPDATE: Promo code for 15% off personal licenses: TINYAPPS-2958.
/windows | May 31, 2014
Subscribe or visit the archives