Command line feed readers #
Feed readers for the console crew:
- newsbeuter is an RSS feed reader for the text console. It is designed to run Unix-like operating systems such as Linux.
- Olive is a console-based newsreader, written in Perl and using Curses::UI as its toolkit. The big difference between Olive and other newsreaders is that it takes a time-centric as opposed to site-centric view of newsfeeds. Olive shows you news stories from all your feeds at once, arranged in a continuum.
- Raggle is a console RSS aggregator, written in Ruby. Features include customizable keybindings, basic HTML rendering, HTTP proxy support, OPML import/export, themes, and more.
- rawdog is an RSS Aggregator Without Delusions Of Grandeur. Written in Python, it uses Mark Pilgrim's feed parser to read RSS 0.9, 1.0, 2.0, CDF and Atom feeds. It runs from cron, collects articles from a number of feeds, and generates a static HTML page listing the newest articles in date order.
- Snownews - Text mode RSS newsreader for Linux and Unix.
- TheYoke is an ultra-simple, polite RSS aggregrator designed for use on the UNIX command line.
- I have made a custom style for Vienna that hides images, embedded objects, iframes, annoying "digg it" buttons, etc., and approximates the look of this blog (screenshot | download). Combined with Vienna's Smart Folder feature (to browse the latest stories from all feeds at once), it makes my daily read much faster.
- Canto is an open source Atom/RSS feed reader for the console written in Python.
- Online feed readers for web servers
/nix | Aug 17, 2007
Subscribe or visit the archives.