Blosxom alternatives, microblogs, etc. #
This blog post has been sporadically updated over the years, but that is no longer necessary thanks to StaticSiteGenerators.net ("The definitive listing of Static Site Generators -- all 228 of them!") and staticgen.com ("Top Static Site Generators Comparison").
- BashBlog is a simple blog system in 500 lines of bash with support for RSS, automatic validation, and more.
- Chisel is "a simple Python static blog generation utility".
- Chyrp "is a blogging engine designed to be very lightweight while retaining functionality. It is powered by PHP and has very powerful theme and extension engines, so you can personalize it however you want."
- FlatPress "is an open-source standard-compliant multi-lingual extensible blogging engine which does not require a DataBase Management System to work."
- GugoDoc is "a little [Python] script that generates a static html website from a collection of markdown files."
- Jekyll "is a blog-aware, static site generator in Ruby." (via Jalada)
- NanoBlogger (first covered over 5 years ago; still under active development) "is a small weblog engine written in Bash for the command line. It uses common UNIX tools such as cat, grep, and sed to create static HTML content."
- Ode is "a single Perl script, with content generated from plain text files, and look/layout determined by standard (X)HTML and CSS".
- plain-blog is a self-modifying Perl script which generates a static blog. The author, Spencer Tipping (formerly at Google), runs a fascinating consultancy.
- Pelican is a simple, static weblog generator written in Python with support for themes, Atom/RSS feeds, importing from WordPress, Dotclear, or RSS feeds, and more.
- PluXml "is a script to create a site or a blog, no need for knowledge in programming nor d' need; a database on its lodging, a traditional environment php is enough for him. PluXml wants to be light and easy d' use thanks to an interface d' simple administration and the storage of your writings in easily transportable XML files." (translation via Babelfish)
- Poole is a Markdown-driven static website generator written in Python.
- PyBlosxom "is a lightweight file-based weblog system. The project started as a Python clone of Blosxom but has since evolved into a beast of its own. PyBlosxom focuses on three things: simplicity, extensibility, and community."
- reprise - "Minimal static blog with atom and tag support." Available as a single Ruby or Python file.
- simpleblog is "a simple Python blogging system" that uses static rendering.
/blosxom | Dec 03, 2009
Subscribe or visit the archives