Recover passwords from current user's Login Keychain #
$ security dump-keychain -d login.keychain
"desc"<blob>="AirPort network password"
"plain text password shown here"
$ sudo keychaindump
- Output has been abbreviated for clarity.
- security is especially helpful in this common scenario:
as the user's Login Keychain entries can be saved before resetting the forgotten password (see update below for recovering saved macOS user passwords, which obviates the need to reset).
- user has forgotten password
- automatic login is enabled
- root access unavailable
- Running security as root will eliminate the need to press "Allow" for each entry.
/mac | Nov 03, 2012
Subscribe or visit the archives.