Concatenate multiple HTML files into a single EPUB file #
Since Kindle e-Readers inexplicably do not support EPUB, users can convert the generated EPUB file to MOBI with calibre:
- "File" > "Add" > "Existing Files..."
- select desired HTML files
- "File" > "Save As..." > set filename and destination for EPUB.
- "Add books" > select desired EPUB file
- "Convert books" > Output format: "MOBI" > "OK"
- After conversion, right click title > "Open containing folder" > copy MOBI file to Kindle
UDPATE 1: Combine multiple HTML files into a single PRC ebook
UDPATE 2: Ken Turner's open source htmlcat Perl script (crafted back in 1998) still works great for combining any number of HTML files into a single one, which can be easily converted to other formats (e.g., MOBI via Amazon's KindleGen, etc).
/eink | Feb 26, 2015
Subscribe or visit the archives