Mail.app: Cannot remove attachments from sent emails #
If Message > Remove Attachments is grayed out for sent messages:
- Select the affected mailbox (e.g., Sent)
- Mail > Preferences... > Rules > Add Rule
- Create a rule in which From is equal to your email address and Any attachment name contains "." (without quotes).
- Set the action to "Set Color"
- OK > "Do you want to apply your rules to messages in selected mailboxes" > Apply
Attachments can now be removed normally from affected messages. Tested in Mail 9.3 under OS X 10.11.6. Lion/Mountain Lion's Mail: Workaround for removing attachments from sent messages should have been in the top 10 Google results but wasn't, hence this recapitulation.
/mac | Nov 24, 2016
Subscribe or visit the archives