Random harvest #
- Long-time reader Firace kindly informs us of his PowrTaskr, a "simple, zero-configuration Windows program that makes Google Tasks ... as responsive as a native executable"
- HDAT2 - If you use virtually any electronic data storage device (HDD, SSD, CD, etc), you need to check this out. Repair disks, access/edit/remove HPA/DCO, issue ATA commands like security erase, etc.
- TAFT "is an ATA (IDE) forensics tool that communicates directly with the ATA controller. It can retrieve various information about a hard disk, as well as look at and change the HPA and DCO settings."
- OSFClone "is a free, self-booting solution which enables you to create or clone exact raw disk images quickly and independent of the installed operating system."
- Redo Backup and Recovery is a "bare metal restore solution with graphical interface on a live CD."
- Trend Micro Rescue Disk is yet another live CD-based antimalware option from the makers of the venerable Sysclean.
/misc | Jan 31, 2012
Subscribe or visit the archives