Installing CHDK on a Canon PowerShot A540 #
The installation instructions found on the wiki and within the Autobuild CHDK download did not work for my PowerShot A540, but this did:
- Plug SD card into card reader and card reader into Windows-based computer
- Download CardTricks from http://drop.io/chdksoft
- Launch CardTricks (screenshot of the following steps)
- Click SD card icon and browse to correct drive letter
- Format as FAT (SD card will be erased; make sure to backup any files)
- Make Bootable
- Download CHDK
- Unmount SD card and flip write protect switch to on (photos will continue to be written to the card just the same)
- Make sure camera is off and insert SD card
- Put camera into playback mode (i.e., move Mode Switch from red camera icon to blue playback icon) and turn it on
- Print/Share button flashes blue, and CHDK splash screen appears on LCD
- To access CHDK features, press the Print/Share button (which serves as the ALT button) followed by the Menu button. See also: What are the key settings and shortcuts?
/misc | Nov 07, 2009
Subscribe or visit the archives.